Some of my best childhood memories include hours upon hours building everything I can imagine out of lego. I still remember when my parents surprised me one birthday with a set of lego that included pink and purple blocks. I was in my element! So when Mini-Me asked if I wanted to create myself out of lego I was totally up for the challenge.
A little more about Mini-Me
Mini-Me is an online store that allows you to choose out of 1000’s of original lego pieces to create a small version of yourself or anyone you can imagine! There is even a huge selection of accessories and an excessive pet section. You can let your imagination run wild and turn yourself into a superhero, sports star or an everyday hero.
How does it work ?
Register an account on the Mini-Me website. Log in and start putting yourself together, literally! When I created my Mini-Me I worked from top to bottom. First selecting a face, then hair, torso, legs and accessories and last but not least, I couldn’t be complete without my pets. If you want to include a stand in your order you can then add, and customize this. Check yourself out, pay and you’re done! Shipping is free on all orders R300 and over so you don’t have to break the bank for that free shipping.
I was pleasantly surprised. From checkout till I had the Mini-Me in my hand was less than 48 hours. Now that is great service for you right there. If you are ever in a pinch with no time to actually go to the store and want to get someone a special gift I highly recommend Mini-Me.
Packaging & Pricing
Mini-Me comes in a lunch box type container already assembled. Just imagine your job is to build with lego the entire day. I love the lunch box packaging because it’s re-usable. Pricing starts at R10 a piece so you can create a mini on a tight budget if you shop around on the site. You might find a great deal on a more pricey pieces too!
These are the pieces I chose to create my mini-me.
- Head: Dual Sided Head – Red Lips & Confused Look R20.00 – I loved that this head has two different facial expressions!
- Hair: Side Parting w/ Bun & Blue Headband R15.00 – I’ve decided to grow my hair longer again and it’s in a bun 90% of the time when it’s long and I love a good old headband and with the fringe and side parting this one just shouted at me to .
- Torso: Lavender w/ Buttons & Necklace R45.00 – Because my face had red lipstick I didn’t want to go with a pink top and I love wearing cardigans.
- Legs: Dark Blue w/ Black Belt & Pockets R60.00 – This one resembled a denim and that’s what I usually have on.
- Cellphone – Aqua Blue R15.00 – How can a social media butterfly not have a phone?!
- Lipstick – Red R10.00 – I have a little obsession with red lipstick and own a bunch of reds in different shades.
- Puppy – White w/ Black Spots R75.00 – This is the closest to a Jack Russel I could find so it would be totally awesome if they stocked Jack Russels in the future, they’re just the best dogs ever. Am I right?
- Terrier – White R75.00 – This pooch represents my corgi cross and she kinda looks like a terrier so perhaps her dad was a terrier and her mom a corgi?
Mini-Me makes for great corporate gifts as well and they can also be made into key chains. As you can tell from the photos above I had so much fun playing with myself and having a Mini-Me photo shoot. I actually wishes I still had some of those pink and purple legos to build myself a house…. What is one of your favourite childhood memories with lego?