I’ve been looking forward and preparing for my waxing experience at WAXIT ever since I got invited and confirmed a date and time. And no I’m not speaking about mentally preparing for the pain. I was preparing my hair, the ones I need to wax. For me the worst part of the entire experience was growing out my underarm hair specifically. I could hear jumanji calling every time I lifted my arms. I probably over used the deodorant too.
I’m no stranger to waxing tho. I regularly wax my facial hair (yes I do that, I have PCOS so my body retaliated by giving me some nice hair on my chin, how ladylike) I’ve also once before had my lady bits waxed and it was actually not so bad. Growing out the hair down there isn’t as hard as the ones under my arms. So before we find out how this waxing went let me introduce you to WAXIT.
WAXIT – The Freedom of Smooth
The WAXIT team were brought together as a result of the search for the best wax service. They were looking for the perfect combination of high quality products, quick service, good prices and easy bookings – without waiting over a week for an appointment.
WAXIT was founded for
- availability – Because there is no competition for time from facials and manicures, there are always appointments available for waxes. They’re the masters of their trade
- quality – They know that the best products make for the best waxes – especially if you have sensitive skin. For this reason, they only use imported high quality French products. Oh la la!
- cost – They wanted to provide the best possible services for the most affordable prices so that everyone – men, women and young adults – could have access to waxing. I mean really, you can get 3 areas done for under R500!
- hygiene – They are committed to cleanliness, which is why they deliver our services in an environment that is clean and professional and sets the standard for hygiene, sanitation and wax care. They don’t reuse sheets and gloves are mandatory for our WAXITologists. They sanitise our rooms between each appointment and they provided fresh wipes. We can’t all go home and hop in the shower before going for a wax.
- privacy – They WAXITologists are there to make the experience as comfortable as possible. They’ll lend you their ears if you’d like to chat. This is me right here, biggest chatterbox ever when I go to a salon. Might be the nerves talking tho. If you’d like to relax, the rooms are equipped with wireless headphones and tablets so that you can read magazines, browse online or listen to music. Fancy nogals!
As mentioned above they cater for both men, women and teens and they can wax you from top to bottom. I’ve been to salons before and most of them didn’t cater for men so this is great. You can take a look at their services and pricing over here, which is extremely reasonable I might add.
My WAXIT Experience
I chose to have my brows, underarms and a hollywood done. For me the “scariest” part was exposing my lady bits to a total stranger. I mean I was in hysterics when I was in the hospital and they didn’t let me wear my panties. So being spread eagle (or shall I say spread frog) in front of someone I don’t know that might set my bits on fire with hot wax is a rather grueling fore thought.
Nerves running high we arrived at WAXIT with 5 minutes to spare, myself and Ilona from Ilonique went together. You can read her experience over here. The waiting time wasn’t long at all and we were taken into the treatment rooms very speedily. I really appreciated this as waiting isn’t my favourite thing in the world. Andisiwe a my WAXITologist was really friendly and a bigger chatterbox than I am which really helped with the nerves. The room was super clean and was ready with a packet of wipes ready on the bed. Andisiwe popped out so I could get out of my clothes and clean up if I wanted to. My first question when she came back was: “Where are we starting?”
Hollywood – R260
So we got down to the worst part first, kinda like eating veggies when you are a kid. Get it out of the way. I’ve been for a brazillian before (PS. Why are these things named after places?) but the method used was much different. This wax is kept at 60 degrees so it was a bit hot on some spots. I’m not going to lie to you, when she started pulling it was sore! The closer she got to the squishy bits the more it hurt when she ripped the wax off. BUT, yes there is always a but, she went fast and the pain was short lived and totally worth it. I still thought the worst was yet to come when she told me it’s done. Crack and all.
Underarms – R110
I’ve never had my underarms done before. This actually hurt a bit more than the hollywood and my skin was a bit sensitive the next day. I always shave half under my arms so I’m so happy that I won’t have to worry about that for a couple of weeks. This process went really fast, 1, 2, 3 and you’re done. No more jumanji!
Brows – R85
I have my brows waxed frequently so this was the least painful. She shaped my brows really well and I am super happy with the result.
Will I do it again?
I will most definitely go back to WAXIT. The service was quick, the entire deforestation was under an hour and this included our chattering and me taking some photos. I also got the best compliment ever from Andiswa is that I am not that hairy. WAXIT has four branches, Douglasdale, Menlyn Maine, Lonehill and Kyalami Corner. You can check out their website for more info.