Good morning lovelies, I hope you all have a fabulous Friday! Today I’m finally doing my review on the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol II eyeshadow palette. I received this palette in my boxycharm box. I sadly unsubscribed after all drama broke loose around the boxycharm boxes, aramex and customs.
About the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol II Palette
This is a crease-free eyeshadow palette with eight, cool-toned shades. No primer or brush needed. The soft formula is a hybrid, part cream, part powder, and infused with oxygenated light-reflecting spheres for a plump, smooth texture and seamless payoff that never dries out or flakes. There are four matte and four luster shades that are cool toned and can be worn wet or dry. This eyeshadow palette is long-wear and is paraben and phthalates free.
Here are two of my favourite things about this palette. It is cruelty free, 100 000 bonus points to tarte! AND it is safe for contact lens wearers. I’ve had zero irritation on my contact lenses from this palette, another 100 000 bonus points.
The palette comes in a beautiful box that transitions from purple to a really pretty blue with golden writing. The palette is gold with a design fitting the sea and that would make any mermaid proud. The compact is really easy to open and has a decent sized mirror inside. The shades are all sea themed so the entire compact is really well put together.
Formula, Shades & Swatches
The formula is really creamy and applies well. They blend easily and is a dream to work with. I noticed that the shades don’t apply as dark as they look in the pan so don’t be scared to really dip into the shades. Even tho no brush is needed I prefer to apply my eyeshadows using a brush. There is some fallout on some of the shades like sunset but it’s minimum.
- Pearl is a soft, warm white with a pearly sheen. Perfect for the inner corner and brow highlight.
- Conch is a light beige with a mostly matte finish and subtle, warm undertones.
- Sunset is a light-medium gold with warm, orange undertones and a metallic finish. This has to be my favourite shade from the palette.
- Marina is a muted, medium golden brown with warm, yellow undertones and a matte finish.
- Seaside is a medium-dark brown with warm, red undertones and a satin finish. Perfect as your lid shade
- Siren is a deep burgundy-brown with subtle, red undertones and a semi-matte finish. Works well for the outer corner.
- Breezy is a medium-dark taupe that leans grayer and has a frosted finish. This is another great shade for the lid
- Riptide is a deep, bluish black with multi-colored micro-shimmer. I love this shade as a liner or outer corner shade to create a smoky look
The formula truly is long wear and it stays put for hours. I still used a bit of primer just for my own piece of mind and my eyes stayed gorgeous the entire day.
For the look down below I used Sunset two thirds into my lid, next I used Marina all over my lid and worked it into the crease. I followed by applying Siren onto the lid area and blending it up with Marina. Next I used Seaside on the outer corner and blended it into the crease. On the inner corner I applied Pearl. The last step was to blend everything together with a clean soft brush.
I can see myself reaching for this palette very often. It retails for $35 (R550) and can be ordered from the Tarte website. Keep an eye out on my blog where I will be comparing the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea and the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol II palettes.
Happy weekend everyone.