Hi my lovelies, I hope everyone is doing great, I am happy the weather is finally warming up. Enjoying the warmer weather thoroughly is on my to do list right now, as soon as I leave for the Netherlands it will be cold! *whispers* ….winter, I’m coming……
This will be my 4th time traveling from one country to another by air and I’ve compiled a list of things that makes it a little bit easier when planning ahead.
- Don’t forget to get travel insurance. If you purchase your ticket using a South African credit card your bank offers free travel insurance for your trip, if you don’t take this route you can get really affordable travel insurance from STA Travel – and excellent service!
- Start a bring box, put everything in there that you want to bring on your trip that you don’t use daily, like gifts, travel pillows and other gadgets so that when you start packing you have all the bits and bobs in one place.
- Look up stores in the country you want to visit and find out if they sell your brand of shampoo, toothpaste etc so that you aren’t disappointed when you get there or end up using 5kg of your already stuffed suitcase to bring that bottle of shampoo you love.
- If you are on chronic mediation, make sure to visit your Doctor so that he/she can write you a letter and prescription that you can bring your medication without the fear of it being confiscated.
- Keep your eyes peeled for specials on things that will make your trip easier like power banks and inflatable travel pillows, it will save you a lot of money by not having to buy all these at full price at number 99.
Keep an eye out for more travel posts, next I will share what I like to pack in my hand luggage and how to pack so that you don’t have to sit on your suitcase to zip it!