Late last year there was a huge buzz going around about a brand new subscription box headed our way and everyone was waiting in suspense and then finally in January we could sign up for the first boxes being shipped out in March.
The subscription is R160 per month with free shipment, The Text Box promises that no sachet samples and only professional beauty brands that cannot be purchased at local stores in sample sizes that can be properly tested will make it into the surprise box. I paid via EFT but debit orders can be set up to go off monthly. After making my payment I began the long wait, by the time March started approaching I had nearly forgotten about the box but remembered about it last week and I didn’t expect the box to arrive until the middle of this week.
Monday morning (2 March) I slept in a bit because I was feeling sick and I woke up from the dogs barking as if they have never seen a car before, and behold, my Test Box arrived even before I had time to brush my hair! The delivery time exceeded all of my expectations and cheered me up. I couldn’t wait to open my box to see what I had gotten and it was pretty hard not sharing pictures on social media, I didn’t want to spoil the contents of the box for others.
So what is in the box?
- Joico K-PAK Shampoo to repair damage -100ml valued atR120
- This is a gentle, rich cleansing shampoo that restores weak and depleted hair to its optimal strength and condition.
- Repairs damage by replenishing amino acids and fills in damaged areas of the cuticle while hydrating and protecting with aloe and antioxidant Vitamin E.
- Your hair will become stronger and more resilient to external damage.
- Because what’s been missing is being replenished, your hair will be more responsive to styling.
- Joico K-PAK Conditioner for damage -100ml valued atR125
- This daily conditioner delivers the precise amount of daily conditioning that damaged, chemically treated hair needs.
- Repairs damage, reconstructs and smoothes hair with K-PAK’s Bio-Advanced Peptide and Keratin Silicone complexes.
- Your hair will be moisturised and stronger with increased silkiness, shine, movement and bounce — all without tangles or static.
- Double DippedDetangler – valued atR45
- This wide tooth comb is used to combat teasing.
- It can be used on wet hair.
- Gently de-tangles hair without pulling or straightening curls.
If you include the shipment cost the value for the box is well over R300 making it really good value for money, the only little thing I did however miss is a product info card in the box explaining each of the products, this would have been a nice little extra.
My first impression.
I used all 3 products in the box once so far and these are my first impression thoughts.
- Joico K-PAK Shampoo
- This shampoo has a really pleasant smell is is creamy in consistency, it doesn’t lather up like a lot of shampoos I’ve used but lots of foam or rather a lack thereof doesn’t mean that a product isn’t cleaning your hair!
- Joico K-PAK Conditioner
- The conditioner smells slightly different than the shampoo and is nice and thick and massaged really well into my hair and scalp.
- Double DippedDetangler
- I used this detangler to comb the conditioner through my hair and I didn’t feel pulling and it combed through easily.
I let my hair dry naturally and was left with glossy, soft bouncy hair.
The Text Box is available in 3, 6 and 12 month subscriptions and you can sign up on their website, besides the subscription box The Text Box sells tons of hair care products, go take a look!